11/14/2014

Week 12 College Football Predictions: Judgment Day

Week 12 College Football Predictions: Judgment Day

I'm so much better than you.

Week 10: 3-5, Season Record 48-25 (my first week with a losing record, I might add)

The circle is now complete. Alabama was my original championship pick and they've finally arrived at the Great Moment of Judging, as I am calling the Mississippi State game. Really this weekend will define a lot of team's seasons. Auburn needs a win to have any remote chance of making the playoffs, while Georgia could somehow lose the East with a loss at home. Ohio State, as irrelevant as I'd prefer them to remain, could still sneak in if they demolish the next few teams they play. Duke, of all teams, has arisen as our potential savior in the Can Anyone Prevent FSU From Playing More Football contest we've been playing all year. FSU, still allowing a serial rapist, a man who beat his pregnant girlfriend, and several other #Creminoles to keep playing, by the way. The Big 12 gets a break this weekend with no games of national significance happening. And finally, Texas fights for bowl eligibility against an Oklahoma State team who seems to have played most of this season drunk. 



Ohio State 45 - Minnesota 24

Does anybody know anything about Big Ten teams? Looks like there's going to be a lot of I formation A gap dives and complaining about the SEC in this one. Ohio State beat up Michigan State last week, which surprised me. Minnesota beat Iowa badly last week, which also surprised me, mainly because I thought Iowa had filled in their football stadium and converted it to a man-made lake so their Biology majors could test out theories on algae. If anybody actually watches this game let me know how it turns out. 


Alabama 31 - Mississippi State 30

I expect this to be an amazing game. Dan Mullen and Dak Prescott have built a pretty amazing team down in Starkville and they're going to bring everything they've got into Tuscaloosa. BUT SABAN WILL HAVE NONE OF THIS NONSENSE! For too long the Demon Master has slumbered outside of the playoff rankings. Here, he shall arise with a bloody vengeance outside the committee's chamber doors, the bloody head of that Bulldog mascot clenched in his grasp. Ask not for whom the bell tolls, Condoleezza Rice. It tolls for thee. 


Auburn 35 - Georgia 31

I think I've been wrong on every Georgia prediction this year, so I'm sure Georgia will win 11 to 0 or something stupid like that. Auburn is the better team, Georgia has a Gurley. Honestly, the situation probably favors the Gurley. But I just have a feeling that Auburn will want to get a win after giving Texas A&M the win on two separate occasions with little time left in the 4th quarter. 


Miami 27 - FSU 23

I just want this on the record in case it DOES happen. Probably not though.... :(


Texas Football

Heeeeeeeey, alright. That turned out to be a pretty awesome game for us. Oddly enough, we got one of Swiggity's worst games of the year and still won by two touchdowns. Go figure. With our season wrapping up, it's nice to see improvement in several areas heading into the postseason. This week against Oklahoma State is probably pretty even for us. I think we're a better overall team, but we're also incredibly inconsistent. A bowl game would be incredibly useful for us in terms of recruiting (damn, we've fallen a long way from the top), so winning here is the most important thing. Not that we have any real style to try and apply for points, but I expect a very simple offensive gameplan for Swoopes to execute relying more on not making mistakes rather than taking risks. Let our defense put us in good positions and take points when we can. This one might be stressful for us, but I think we can get it done in Stillwater. 

Texas 30 - OSU 23

No comments:

Post a Comment