10/01/2016

2016 Week 4: You Know Nothing, Fletcher Edington

IS THE BIG 10 ELITE

Please forgive me, Based Badger God.
2016 Prediction Record: 6-8

Woof, last weekend did not go how I'd expected it. To be fair, I don't think Florida's defense, Michigan State's student body, or Les Miles' fan club expected any of this either. I'd like to apologize strongly to the Wisconsin Badgers who've ended Les Miles' LSU career AND wrecked Michigan State's title hopes already this season. Well done, Madison. I guess I'm also apologizing to Tennessee who scored roughly 75 unanswered points to come back and beat a Florida team who clearly left at halftime to go swim in the river. I am not apologizing to Georgia who IS WHO I THOUGHT THEY WERE.


Fletcher's Top 10 That He Reserves The Right To Change At Any Moment

#1 Alabama
#2 Louisville
#3 Clemson
#4 Ohio State
#5 Houston
#6 Michigan
#7 Wisconsin
#8 Washington
#9 Stanford
#10 Texas A&M

Week 5 Predictions

Wisconsin 28 - Michigan 24

Badger Badger Badger Badger. Ok, Wisconsin. I see you. The LSU victory annoyed me more than anything else, but I should have dug a little deeper into that game to see a legit team. I'm willing to look past you playing in the Big 10 because you've always had this overachiever mindset (also the the Big 10 is solid this year BUT THAT'S OFF THE RECORD). Michigan....ohhhhh, Michigan. I can't go too far into the season without checking in on Jim Harbaugh. Jim, How are things going? Good JimAngry JimWeird Jim. OK THEN!

Tennessee 35 - Georgia 17

Fine, whatever....Tennessee is alright. But only by the extremely low bar that has been set by the rest of the SEC East. This game is in Athens, but I'm not sure that Georgia will be able to see because of all the tears in their eyes from last week. The game against Ole Miss was like Chad Kelly telling UGA he was going to be nice and take you to the Delta Chi formal and then taking that bitch Lee-Ann instead. What a jerk! Also he ran over your dog on the way there.

Oklahoma 45 - TCU 38

Oh yeah, these teams still exist. Chokelahoma and TCEWWWWWWW (hehe that one's gonna stick for sure) play to see who gets to start off Big 12 play with a loss. OU can't possibly go 1-3 to start the year, I'll get my stat nerd on it, but idk if that's happened in the past 30 years. TCU is really just hoping nobody notices them this year and they can move on to 2017. Unfortunately it's hard to keep a low profile with Kenny Trill as your QB.

Louisville 37 - Clemson 34


The Game of Da Century of Da Week! Deshaun Watson angling for the #1 draft spot! Action Jackson on a never ending quest to score all of the touchdowns! Dabo Swinney's hot takes on racial harmony in America! Bobby Petrino stashing volleyball trainers in his office for the after party! This game has a lot of storylines. I will take them all in from my couch, ideally with a box of chicken wings and a nice glass of bourbon.
Texas Football

First of all, I really wish this game was at home. I think we'll play well with a week of rest and practice, but we've traditionally struggled with road games (see: all of our road games). A win on the road to put us at 1-0 in the Big 12 would give us a lot of confidence heading into the Red River Rivalry, so Texas, we're really gonna need you to focus up. Shane Buechele is just 2 weeks better than he was at Cal, and hopefully (more importantly) the rest of the team is 2 weeks healthier than last time they took the field.

Based on early returns, and unless our defense suddenly comes together all at once, I expect the next like 6 games to be shootouts. Which is fun! But also terrifying from a "I hope we win this 65 to 63 game". But I'll take that over last year's "I hope we score a touchdown before halftime" mindset.

From the Oklahoma State side, well THIS happened. So at the very least we know they're not lucky. They also lost to Baylor last week, which was extremely disheartening as Baylor got a win. Go to hell, Baylor

WRAPPING UP! Texas has a fun offense, our defense is suspect. The Cowboys seem to be in a similar situation. Will we win? I hope so!

Texas 45 - Oklahoma State 35

No comments:

Post a Comment